Our most popular model, Edwina is a versatile large-diaphragm condenser microphone with great sound to match her distinctive but not dominating looks.
With meticulously tested, hand-wired electronic components, Edwina is designed specifically for feedback rejection in demanding live settings. Her smooth, detailed sound excels at all kinds of stage duties, from vocals to acoustic instruments to drum overheads, and also shines in the studio as a warm, accurate recording mic. She is optimized as a single-source mic, but with a sweet spot from one out to 18 inches, she does great capturing voice and instrument together for solo or even two performers.
Also available in stereo pairs. For single-micing larger groups, consider Louise, Myrtle, Josephine, or the various bike gear models.
- Hand-made microphone with unique appearance
- Side or end address, using pivoting bracket
- Capsule and electronics tuned for close to medium distance use on the most difficult stages with excellent feedback rejection
- Internal shock dampers for minimal handling noise
- Integral silk and mesh pop filter, for effective control of plosives without loss of clarity
- Transformerless FET fully balanced electronics
- Highest quality hand-wired electronic components - film caps, precision resistors, hand tested and matched transistors, with component values tuned for the individual circuit.
On stage and in studio for vocals, close-miking acoustic instruments (guitar, mandolin, banjo, fiddle), drum overheads, electric guitar cabinets.
Milk Carton Kids, Andra Day, Bryan Sutton, Della Mae, Delta Rae, Foghorn Stringband, Gaby Moreno, Hot Rize, Hudson Taylor, Jerry Douglas, Joe Henry, Joel Savoy and Jesse Lége, Sierra Hull
"Lead vocals worked so well that I resisted pulling out mics that cost ten times more. That's unusual at this price point for a picky bastard like me." –Larry Crane
Tape Op Full Review
"An accomplishes large-diaphragm mic with a tight cardioid polar pattern that makes it well suited to studio close miking and live-sound applications."
Sound on Sound Full Review
"I have yet to find a source that it sounds bad on. Rather than calling it a workhorse mic, it's more like the dark horse mic!"
Recording Mag Full Review
- TRANSDUCER TYPE: condenser, large (26 mm) diaphragm
- POLAR PATTERN: cardioid
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 - 15K hz (-3dB)
- SENSITIVITY: -38.9dB (11 mV/Pa)
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: <50 Ohm
- NOISE LEVEL (A-weighted): <14 dBA
- POWER REQUIREMENT: +48V phantom power
- WEIGHT: 1 lb (4 lbs cased)
- DIMENSIONS: 8 3/4” x 4” x 1 3/4”; head is 3” in diameter
- SKU: ETL-EDWINA
- View product info with polar pattern & frequency plot
- Metal tool case with foam padding, 11” x 6” x 3"
- Mic clip
RECOMMENDED (click photo to add to cart)